Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wedding on the Beach Dress

So this weekend we're going to a wedding down in Surfside Beach, SC and the wedding is at 6:30pm on the beach.  It's supposed to be low 80's during the day and get down to upper 60's at night.  

The wedding is for one of Kevin's high school friends so I don't know them real well and the direction I get from Kevin is "all the guys are saying it's super casual."  Ummm yeah, typical guys right?!  I understand the wedding is on the beach but it's a 6:30pm wedding which usually means formal.  Ahhh, SUCH a dilemma!

Oh and I'll be shopping out of my own closet.  I'm still in no buying clothes mode! ;)

Option A - silk Lilly dress.

Option B - J. McLaughlin dress (I'm on the right).  It's a real light teal with coral going through it.  Would this be too summery?  ....I think probably so.

Option C - I'm on the left - old school Black Lilly Sabrina dress.  I like this because it's black but still colorful so it may be good for evening?  I still feel funny wearing it to a wedding because it's so casual.  I don't know, it may be just right, haha!

Any other suggestions of dresses you've seen me wear on la blog?!  Thanks yall for your help!

13 comments:

  1. Option A with a wrap for the evening! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think option A is the best! I hope that helped ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos honey!!! Option A is so cute! I'd love to have you link up with me for "Flirting With Temptation Thursday," come check it out!

    I'm also having a great giveaway where you can win a $50 gift card to Victoria's Secret that ends Friday! Have a fabulous night doll!

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all adorable, but I'd go with Option A...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A or C, but I think I like C the best. I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A with a wrap and a dressy purse and dressy jewelry and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Option A for sure! Have a great weekend! :-) XOXO
    www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think either Option A or Option C would be great. (Option B is lovely too, but like you said, it's a bit more summery.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say A, too! Best of luck figuring out what to wear. I'd say a wrap and any silk dress would be perfect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't bloggy fashion advice the best!? I love A and C!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite nice post! I will also be hosting beach destination wedding of a friend and have bought beautiful gown for this event. The ceremony will take place at prettiest wedding venues in Bali. Truly I am eagerly waiting to visit Bali!

    ReplyDelete