Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hello Hello

Hello, Hello!

Anyone out there?  It's Wednesday and it's going to be a great day. 

Did anyone do anything fun for Cinco de Mayo?  We had a little mexican dinner and it was good.  The kids love dipping chips into salsa so I made the Pioneer Woman Restaurant Style Salsa the night before to have.  I also browned the taco meat the night before.  It's my only chance at having a decent dinner is to do things in advance.  

Speaking of the Pioneer Woman, I have been craving her Chicken Spaghetti something fierce but it'd be a big splurge ha!

The last two nights we've had terrible thunderstorms and they've about driven Mills crazy.  He shakes and gets so scared during them.  Two nights ago he was up all night scratching the doors of any room I put him in.  I finally maneuvered him to his "condo" which is his safe place where he quietly rested.  Last night I got smart and he started in there when we went to bed. He was never scared like this his first two years of life but ever since then, he has been.  It's like having a newborn or even worst again when it's storming and he's not in his condo.

I had a babysitter come on Monday afternoon and it was the biggest relief ever to know I wasn't going to get interrupted on my conference calls.  And I got so much work done.  I moved my computer up to my craft room and it's like a hole where I can't hear anything going on in the house so it's perfect to work in.  I'm so happy.  It was such a breath of fresh air. 

I guess everyone heard that J. Crew filed for bankruptcy.  So sad!  I read that they will restructure and return. I hope so!  

Is anyone watching American Idol?  My favs are Grace Leer and Just Sam!  I have voted for Just Sam all along.  I just love her and her story.  Plus, she can sing!  

Two random things I'd like to do before life gets back to normal - learn how to bake a loaf of bread and also learn how to use my big kitchen aid mixer which I'm embarrassed to say, has never been used.  We received it from our wedding registry and it's never been out of my cabinet except when we moved houses.  Maybe one day soon I'll actually make myself pull it out and bake something. 

Hope everyone is having a good week. 



1 comment:

  1. We had mexican for dinner last night too - at 8 months pregnant there were no margs for me, although I would have LOVED one!

    Poor Mills - our black lab isn't usually bothered by storms but my parent's golden looses his mind. So sad since they don't understand!

    Hope the rest of your week goes well! I'm off to (finally!) take the Ally Love ride from Sunday! I was sorry to miss it live but it just wasn't happening that day!

    ReplyDelete