Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Positives

There is so much negative and judging in this world today, I needed some positive vibes and maybe you do too!  Here are some things that have made me happy lately since being home...

Being able to be with my kids 24/7 and know exactly what they’re eating, how they sleep and all of the other details. This is such a treat!

Not having to wear makeup and real clothes!

Extra time to workout!

Working on colors with Grady this week and it’s been awesome watching him learn and say the words!

Not having to get gas because I'm not really going anywhere.  We have done some driving around when I have conference calls! 

Meeting new neighbors and visiting with old ones because so many folks are out in their yards or taking walks!

Molly Anne getting to wear pajamas all day long - her very favorite thing to do!

Simple things like just going for a walk down the street and looking at all of the pretty flowers blooming!

Molly Anne’s quotes from yesterday while she was eating lunch - “I really care about Grady, God and Jesus.”  “God and Jesus are always in my heart and I believe in them.”

Grady getting to watch a house being built in our neighborhood from the street!

Molly Anne has LOVED doing arts and crafts and legos!

Golf cart rides around the hood make both of my children happy!

Learning how to get Disney+ on my TV was semi-fun but Molly Anne's reaction to getting to watch Frozen II was priceless! 

Watching Molly Anne complete workbooks that my Mom got for her awhile back! 

Keeping tabs on the tulips that we planted in early December and watching them grow!  

Having laundry done all of the time!

Organizing a few spaces in our home that I hadn’t gotten to before! 

Working on picking out new porch furniture and going back and forth with design ideas. More to come!

Mills loves us being home all of the time!

I’m sure I have more but this is what I can think of right now. Share your favorite thing about being home 24/7!  

PS - it was announced yesterday afternoon that North Carolina schools won’t go back until May 15th as of now! 




2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this list and so much of it rang true for me! As a fellow working Mom this has presented a whole host of challenges. I work in finance and the market volatility has meant we are extra busy while all working from home with kiddos!

    That being said, I am pregnant and due in June, so having this extra time at home to just enjoy being together instead of rushing around and having the typical grind of our "normal" routine has been something I know I will treasure when looking back on this crazy time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are enjoying being at home with your children. I believe in seeing the glass half full instead of half empty. Our country is facing a scary time we have not experienced in modern time. My daughter in law is temporarily furloughed. She is home with an 11 month old and a 6 year old. Thankfully my son is busy at work as he is a residential and commercial lender. Refinancing has been a God send. We need to keep praying for our country and those who are battling the virus.

    ReplyDelete