Friday, March 9, 2018

Five on Friday - Hair Stuff, Mills and MA and Cute Books

First, thank you for all of your help and suggestions for our lighting!  You all have great ideas and I appreciate you commenting to help me!

ONE:

On Wednesday this week I picked Molly Anne up and she wanted to "do chalk" so that's what we did.  This is when she was headed to put her bag of chalk away.  I said, "Molly Anne are you going to put it back in your wagon?"  She said, "I sho am!"  Ahhhhhh!


As you can tell, she has very little personality!


TWO:

Hair!  
I've always had this T3 hair dryer, literally for like 8 years.  I can't remember how long but I know it's been for a long time.  It's supposively dries your hair faster etc.  It's been on it's last leg for awhile I think so I finally got a new one, this time a $30 one.  Yall, maybe there's been an upgrade in the hair dryer industry but this Conair one is fast!  And smoothes my hair just the same.  I swear by this Aveda brush and this extra large round one.  I dry my hair straight in sections...it's wavy/curly if I let it air dry.  I try to do a blowout like you get when your hair is cut versus using a straightening iron and burning it every time.


So shampoo/conditioner.  Always used these Aveda products which I love but both shampoos are almost gone so I randomly picked up this Pantene 2 in 1 and honestly I really like it!  I can smell my hair after it's dry and I haven't had that happen in awhile.  I'm sure in 6 months after my hair is used to the Pantene, it won't smell anymore but it's nice for now.  I do alternate shampoo/conditioner types each time I wash.  The Aveda rosemary mint smells amazinggggg.  

Right after I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair off, while it's still wet, I use one of the two on the left - Aveda or Organic Pure Care.  They protect it from the heat of the hair dryer.  After my hair is dry, straight and blown out, I use this Aveda one.  All tried and true and work.
  

My hair is really like horse hair.  I have a lot of it and the strands are thick.  And yall know I'm a slave to my hair.  I only do it once or twice a week but after allll of these years, I think I have it down to a science.  

THREE:

Mills got a check up this week.  Ears, temperature, blood pressure and he received his flu shot, all via Doctor Molly Anne and the medical kit my parents gave her for Christmas.  


I got home from bunco on Wednesday night and of course he was still in her bathroom from when I put her to bed.  I finally convinced him to come into our room but I left the door open a hair so I could go check on her before I went to bed.  By the time I had changed my clothes, Mills had snuck out and was already in her room.  The love is fierce yall!




FOUR:

Another treat my parents had for Molly Anne when we went home in February are these adorable books.  This hardback book is personalized for her!


Same with this Coloring book





I thought those would make adorable birthday gifts for a child you may know.  They have all kinds of books on the website, not just princess!


FIVE:

I've been super busy at work these days.  I have four new projects beginning at once so that's a lot to do.  And they all have issues and are pretty complicated!  No easy development project these days.  The low hanging fruit are all gone.  

In other news, we are getting closer to wrapping up our new house.  We issued the final bank payment to our contractor this week.  And we signed up a property management firm to deal with our old house, thank goodness.  We have zero issues with our other properties but this one needs some extra hand holding.

-----------

My Dad sent me this and I love it!  I've listened to loud music my whole life.  The louder the better yall!  Hope everyone has a nice weekend!  



4 comments:

  1. My husband is a musician and his favorite thing to say is, "If you can't be good, be loud." HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am always asking people to turn the music down. Ha.

    I only wash my hair once a week (maybe two) as well. It's a pain in the ass and doesn't get greasy, do I go with it! My hairdresser always says that she wishes she could go that long without washing. I to have a very expensive hairdryer that I got like 8 years ago. I have been dreading buying a new one, but maybe a cheap one will work???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet my niece would love to have a personalized book. I'll have to check that out and get her one. After she was born, I kept trying to find books with characters who had the same name she has, but her name is Sofie with an f instead of ph and so none of the books worked.

    ReplyDelete