Hello friends! I thought it would be fun to do a little introduction of me. It's been awhile and here we are starting a new year. I've been blogging since 2009. Can you believe that? Almost EIGHT years! I usually blog five days a week, during the week days. I'm glad to have kept up with it for this long.
Anyway here's a little intro and random facts about me:
1. I grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, moved to Raleigh to go to college at NC State in 2000, graduated with civil engineering and business degrees in 2005 then moved right to Charlotte to start my job. I was a Chi Omega in college and an adviser for a chapter here in Charlotte for a long time (I'm not anymore).
2. Kevin and I met in 2007 when we both moved into the newest high rise condo building in uptown Charlotte. We started dating in 2009, got engaged in 2011, got married in 2013 and had Molly Anne in 2015. What big is going to happen in 2017? We're building a house! Can you tell we like odd years?! .....We also like even years though because Kevin gave me Mills (our sweet golden retriever) for my 30th birthday in 2012!
3. I work for a commercial developer and manage projects for them all over the country. I've been fortunate to work at the same place for almost 10 years and I have certainly done my fair share of traveling for them. Kevin is an insurance agent and owns two businesses doing that. He also does some residential real estate on the side for fun.
4. Hobbies that I don't get to do enough of - cycling at Flywheel, running with friends at 5:30am, shopping (Lilly, Nordstrom and J.Crew), traveling anywhere (except a couple places I don't love), spending time with girlfriends and playing ball with our golden retriever named Mills (Mills is named after Miller Lite!).
5. This blog is meant to be a journal for me. You will not see beautiful pictures and collages of five things that are on sale that day. I don't know how to do any of that nor do I want to. I'm not fancy at all and not afraid to admit it. I know how to do math, not grammar haha! A lot of times when I'm blogging, it's on the fly using the app from my phone. Hey, gotta do what you gotta do to keep up with it!
6. Favorite food/drinks - crabs, salt and vinegar chips, fancy salads, not many sweets, popcorn, orange juice with lots of pulp and crushed ice, miller lite year round, tanqueray and tonic in the summer, makers mark or jack daniels with a splash of ginger in the winter. Dirty gin martinis are a favorite too on occasion...two in one night is my max.
7. I'm an organized person who lives by my calendar from my iPhone. If it isn't in my calendar, I don't do it. I also operate best when I do things ahead of time. Very seldom will you see me buying a gift the day before a party...usually I bought it the same day we got the invitation.
8. I like things clean. And neat and tidy. Kevin is the same way thankfully.
9. Yes, I like nice things including fancy jewelry, pretty clothes and the newest technology but I can also get down with being in the mud, getting sweaty and working outside in the yard. I have played sports all of my life. I helped start the club lacrosse team at NC State while I was there (they didn't have Division I lacrosse).
10. My favorite number is 16. I like to wake up at 6:06am or 6:16am not 6am. I know, I'm a numbers girl and weird.
Thank you all for following along with my blog for all of these years and welcome to any new followers I have! Thankful for you all!