I'm very excited about this week for lots of reasons but one is because my parents will be in Charlotte! We have lots of fun things on the agenda including:
- Thanksgiving dinner with Kevin's family at their club on Thursday (it's AMAZING not to have to cook on Thanksgiving or clean up dishes)
- Learning how to make Mom's famous fudge recipe from the master herself. I hope to start this tradition of giving it to our neighborhood friends this year as she has done for many years and her Mom did too.
- Dad will be having fun fixing a few things around our house and doing some computer stuff for Kevin at his offices. Dad is so excited about driving down here so he can bring his tools ha!
- Black Friday shopping with Mom. Another tradition and we love it.
- Playing with Mills...a lot. He is obsessed with his Nannie and Poppa and I'm pretty certain the feeling is mutual.
Thanksgiving is a fun time for us. It brings back memories of Kevin's and my parents meeting in 2009 though we didn't spend actual Thanksgiving together - see here. In 2010, we went to Coco Osteria and Howl at the Moon with both sets of parents and did our own thing for Thanksgiving - see here. In 2011 we were engaged so we had our first Thanksgiving with both sets of parents - see here. 2012 we were invited back to Kevin's parents club - see here. 2013 we continued the tradition for the third year - see here.
So this year I'll have our fourth annual Thanksgiving with both sets of parents to share next week. Very thankful.