Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend - Fish Camp, Yard Work and Uptown

We had a big weekend.  First things first - The Fish Camp on Friday night with Kevin's parents.

Saturday I did a barre class with Tara then Kevin and I went to his parents to get his car and Lowes to get mulch.  I spread the mulch while Kevin pulled up roots in the yard.

We cleaned up and went uptown to meet up with friends at Connollys.  Kimmy and Jeff's lil boy Jack was Kevin's best buddy!

Then Kevin and I headed over to cocktail hour at Capital Grille.  The criterium bike race was going on too.

We loved having the outdoor table so we ended up staying for dinner.  The salad and soup came out with the rest of our meal so it looks like we ate a lot.  Well, we did but not in courses.

Then Kevin and I hung on the patio at Prohibition. 

Before we started home, Tara texted and said they were done at the baseball game so we met them for a beverage at Aria, our ole trusty!

Sunday was spent recovering and getting things done at the house.  I did get to sneak out for a long overdue lunch with my friend Kimmy at Dean and Deluca.  We had planned it a month ago so it was good to finally catch up.

TCBY was last on our Sunday agenda and Mills loved his vanilla yogurt and the ride up there!  It's the little things!

Have a good week!

8 comments:

  1. When I lived in Elizabeth I use to love to get a group together to go to the Criterium and have cocktails outside! Pretty cool! I'm sure you're getting geared up for China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner at Capital Grille looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your blog for a while and had to comment about the fish camp. That is something we truly miss living in Charleston, WV. Whenever we visit my in-laws in the Charlotte area we always make a visit to Mayfair Seafood in Monroe, it is awesome!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your landscaping looks incredible. Glad the weather was so perfect for you guys to sneak that in AND have an amazing looking dinner. That dirty martini has my mouth watering and it's only 8:41 in the morning! Uhhh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fish camp is a restaurant? I thought it was an actual camp, like a cabin. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great weekend! What a yummy supper on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great looking weekend! Your dinner at capital grille looks amazing! I love Aria too! I feel like people don't really know about that place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited that it's getting warm enough to eat outside on the reg!

    ReplyDelete