Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Random Tuesday plus Recipes and OOTD

Today is basically a bunch of pictures from my phone that I've taken lately!  Hope you find some of them a lil entertaining! ;)

Our fresh BLT for dinner on Sunday night!  White bread, light mayo, farmer's market tomato, cold crisp lettuce and bacon.

This is a picture that my SIL Emily took while they were here a couple of weeks ago.  Anna Kate is looking out the Marriott window (where they stayed) at our condo building.  Emily captioned the photo:  "Little Girl, Big City, Looking for Aunt Annie."  Needless to say, this is my new background on my computer desktop!

Caesar salad with baked chicken on top.  Side of fresh zuchhini that had been sauted!

On our way to our engagement dinner a couple of weeks ago, my car said it was 109 for a couple of minutes!  Eeks!

Low Country Boil that I fixed for my parents one of the nights they were here.  Boil potatoes in water, beer and lots of old bay!  When they are soft, add the sausage (brats linked and cut in 1" pieces) and corn and cook for 7 minutes.  Then add the shrimp and cook until they are pink (about 3-4 minutes).  Drain the liquid and throw on newspaper or in a big bowl!  Super easy when you have company over and everyone always loves it!  Any questions, please ask since this isn't the most detailed description!

Outfit of the Day from last Friday.  We have casual days at work on Friday so I can get away with white jeans and a Lilly top every now and then.  This top may need to be altered so I don't look pregnant haha!
Wasn't the Bachelorette finale last night great?  I just love she and JP together!  I bet Ashley is so thrilled to finally be able to wear that gorgeous ring and tell the world that they're engaged!  I think it's smart they are going to live in the same city for awhile before they set a wedding date.  They probably do need a little day to day life before they tie the knot! ;)

Thank you all for voting for us in that lil contest yesterday!  If you haven't and don't mind helping me for 15 seconds, I'd love your help!  Just scroll down to my next post for the link!

That's it for today!

5 comments:

  1. I want more details on the LCB! That would be a great dinner, and I know that Steve would love it! He is a huge fan of Old Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love going through the random pics i take on my phone each week! And that LCB looks good - just without the shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lilly top and I love the food pics.. they look delicious! I'm so happy for Ashley and JP as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I love a good BLT (Well, BL...I'm not a tomato fan!). I had no idea Low Country Boils were that easy. I'll have to give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete