Monday, June 21, 2010

Wear your Lilly Day and Weekend

Is everyone wearing their Lilly today?!  I am wearing the pink and green tube top I got at the sale with a pink cardigan and a white skirt today!  Happy First Day of Summer!
On Friday night, Kevin's great Aunt from Winston-Salem came down to Charlotte.  We went to their club and had a wonderful time visiting with her.  Aunt Kate is the nicest lady I know - seriously!  Her sweet, southern accent is so perfect and I don't think she has ever said a bad word about anything or anyone!  She is very involved in her community, is in the Daughters of American Revolution and volunteers in the ICU department of their local hospital.  Truly a remarkable lady!  Here she is with Kevin's parents and him.
Kevin, Aunt Kate and I.
Saturday, we had a pool party at the Avenue where we live.  They had a reggae band that had come up from Columbia, SC.  They were really good and played all afternoon. 
Check out the crowd...it was chaos!  They had two kegs, a margarita machine, strawberry daquris, and some food for everyone.  It was a blast!
Here is a big group of us.
Fun times were had by all and we called it an early night after dinner at Nix. 

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day with Kevin's fam.  We had a good time.  It was also his brother, Joe's birthday so his mom made cubed steak, fried okra, mashed potatoes, slaw and tomato slices - his favorite meal.  Needless to say, we aren't eating much today or this month for that matter!

3 comments:

  1. I am wearing my Lilly today and so is my youngest daughter. What fun!!! Lilly always makes me happy! Glad you had a wonderful weekend celebrating with family. My oldest daughter and her husband were here with us for Father's Day, so we had a great weekend. We ate out a lot, which was fun. Have a nice week. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! Hope you had fun in Lilly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun weekend! I just found your blog and absolutely love it! You have a new follower!

    xo

    ReplyDelete