Thursday, May 16, 2019

Savannah

We headed down to Savannah and got there around 4:15pm Friday after a stop at Lizard Thicket for some good ole southern food near Columbia.  We stayed at the Westin right across the river from downtown Savannah.  It's very convenient because they have a ferry that is free and runs every 20/30 minutes.  


The property is stunning and this was the view from our room. 


The first night we went to a.lure for dinner and it was delicious! 

After dinner, the 10 of us went on a ghost tour and this was one of the stops.  Wearing the same shirt, same jeans and same shoes I can't stop wearing.  My earrings are from @mrsjuliab on Instagram!  









Saturday morning I got up and took the ferry across to downtown and went for a run!  It was glorious to not feel like I had anywhere to be and could take my time doing something fun.  






Went back to the hotel, showered and Kevin and I went to Huey's for a delicious brunch.  This is the Crab Cake Benedict and it even has fried green tomatoes on it.  And Parmesan cheddar grits on the side.  And I had a bloody mary with an old bay rim!  Probably one of the best brunches I've ever had!  Kevin had a a shrimp creole omelet with a side salad...much more healthy!



We ended up going back to get our car and we drove to Tybee Island to check it out so that was fun!  

That night was the gala so we headed back early.  The gala was unreal and gorgeous!  They always go above and beyond!  The setting was like being downtown under the gorgeous trees. 




Wearing this dress which Mom and I picked out about an hour before I left town with Laura Cox Designs earrings!  I'm not sure why I've never worn this style of dress but it is so easy to throw on, can be dressed up or down and is flattering, not to mention the price point is good. 






I wore these wedges which I like because they aren't so high I'm going to twist my ankle and they're comfortable enough to wear all night long. 















The girls that plan these events - Stephanie, Kim and Meredith - are absolutely amazing at what they do.  They transform hotel spaces into a magical evening.  Also, the band that played (MVP out of Atlanta) was so awesome!  We danced all night long and I had no voice the next day from singing so loudly!  Such a fun quick trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment