Friday, October 16, 2009

Poppyseed Chicken Recipe

I don't know that I would really recommend this recipe because neither Kevin nor I loved it.....but I found it on a blog and took a picture of it before we found out it wasn't that great.

Poppyseed Chicken
3 chicken breasts boiled, cooked and cut into small pieces
2 cans of cream of chicken (i used the 98% fat free kind)
1 16 oz. sour cream (again i used the low fat)
2 T. of poppyseeds
Ritz Crackers (used the reduced fat kind)
1 stick of butter

Mix the first four ingredients together and place in a casserole dish. Crush some ritz crackers over it and melt the stick of butter over it. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. I served with a salad, like I do most things.

Okay so I didn't melt the butter over it because I thought those were pointless calories and fat. And I probably didn't put enough ritz crackers over it because I thought those were pointless too. But maybe, just maybe, if i had put the correct amount and added the butter, it may have been good. Who knows. But we aren't going to find out. It wasn't our cup of tea. :) Oh well, I guess that's why we try recipes, right?!

Funny story - Kevin is always very nice about any new recipes we try and most of the time he likes them. If he doesn't, he is polite about saying ummm maybe we should try something different next time. Well this time he said, "well if you want to save the leftovers for you, you can, but I'm not eating that for lunch tomorrow." Haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment